Thursday, September 10, 2009

My Introduction


Since this is my very first blog, I hope you all will bear with me.Satin, at left, is my chow chow. We have shared our love with her for 11 years now. I have read that eleven is basically a chows life expectancy, but I know that is only a general rule. I hope to share some of Satin's humorous quirks, that at first I thought were just her own personality. But you can decide as you read if you think they are inherited from the chow breed, or strictly her own unique personality. First I would like to say that chows are not like any dog I have ever encountered in my life of 51 years. I find the breed a cross between, dog, cat, and ape...That's right, I said ape!My Satin has the picky appetite, and independence of a cat. She barks, looks, and smells like a dog, but with the stubbornness, intellect, and that pounce of an ape ( gorilla). Watch this video of Satin pouncing at me in the hallway after I told her to be quiet and not bark because dad was sleeping.

She'll do that same pounce when she really wants something. She won't bark, but she pounces with her front paws with all her force to get the point across. Do any of you chow chow moms and dads have Chows with similar ape traits?

No comments:

Post a Comment